What is Leadership Development?
The leadership development of students is a vital focus of GLA. "Preparing Future Leaders of the World" is more than just our motto. It is what today's society requires of our students in order to be productive global citizens.
What are the goals of the leadership theme?
• To develop in every student an awareness of his or her own leadership potential.
• To assist young people in developing essential leadership skills, such as self-control, service, confidence, humbleness, and efficiency which will enable them to act responsibly in all aspects of their lives.
• To develop global citizens who possess the leadership ability to meet present and future challenges in a global society
• To provide students with opportunities to learn and practice essential leadership skills within a learning community as well as the community at large.
How are these Goals Developed?
• Global Leadership Preparation
• Study of World Cultures through thematic learning
• Cultural off-site experiences
• Character Building
• Extended day and year learning programs
• Principled and Values Centered School
• Family Focused Experiences
• Community Partnerships
• Standards Based Educational Program